Chapter 1: Handling of Personal Information
1. Collection of the Personal Information
We will only collect your personal information by appropriate and fair methods.
2. Use of the Personal Information
Personal information we collect may be used for the following purposes
1. Confirmation of user registration for our services or user application to buy our products.
2. Providing our products information.
3. Providing our related company or our customer's product Information.
4. Sending the requested Service material (CD-ROM and others) or ordered products.
5. Providing the support services or updates of our products and Services.
6. Processing the invoice for our products or services.
7. Efforts to improve the services or product, including through sending questionnaires.
8. Processing to send the requested products information on the advertisement area.
9. Recognizing your activity in order to utilize it for new products and the service development.
10. Providing these personal information to the CAD data supplier companies (providers of the said CAD data) when you use the download / preview functionality.
The Personal Information is managed only by us or an outsourcing firm bound to us by a Non-disclosure Agreement. This outsourcing firm manages the Personal Information only within the purpose of the outsourcing.
3. About "Cookies"
The information that we grant from Cookies is used only for the purpose of providing our services to you and we do not use it for any other purposes.
4. Providing information to third party
(1) To our suppliers (CAD data providers)
We will provide some of the data you submitted at the time of your registration (Name, Company name, Occupation, Industry type, Division name, Title, address, Telephone number, E-mail address), and some data related to your download / preview process (Order number, Date, File format, Server type, Language).
All these informations are stored securely in our protected system, to which we grant access to our suppliers.
(2) To our dealer
When you request our products information (printed catalogs, brochures, and such), or order our products, we may provide your personal information (Name, Company name, Occupation, Industry type, Division name, Title, Telephone number, E-mail address) by paper or electronic document (E-mail, Disc, Floppy, ...) to the reseller of our products, as described in section 2.8 ("Use of the Personal Information") above.
Note) This will be described on our Service Agreement of the related services.
(3) To event sponsors
When you apply, through our services, to an event/seminar/exhibition which is not sponsored by our company, we may provide your personal information (Name, Company name, Occupation, Industry type, Division name, Title, Telephone number, E-mail address) by paper or electronic document (E-mail, Disc, Floppy, ...) to the said event/seminar/exhibition sponsors, as described in section 2.11 ("Use of the Personal Information") above.
For cases (1), (2) and (3) above, you may prevent your personal information from being transferred to third parties by a simple phone call to our Personal Information Prevention Service at the number indicated below :
Personal Information Prevention Service
Phone : 03-5961-5031
(4) Other cases
For the cases (1), (2) and (3) above, we will not provide your personal information to any third party without your advance consent, except in accordance with applicable law and outsourcing process of section 2 ("Use of the Personal Information") above.
We have online shopping on our web site. When you order the products via such online shopping, we will entrust the handling of your personal information to our outsourcing firm (Online Shopping system provider) who provides us the online shopping services, and which we have a Non-Disclosure agreement with.
When you request to pay by credit card, we will not have access to your credit card information, it will be handled by our Online Shopping system provider.
5. Management of the Personal Information
We keep and maintain personal information accurately and securely.
We take a countermeasure for information security against illegal access, computer virus, etc adequately in order to prevent loss, destruction, modification or leak of personal information.
We do not leak personal information neither by taking out nor by transferring outside.
6. Transferring personal information to third countries
We may transfer your personal information to other countries (“third countries”), where the level of data protection is not the same as in your home country. In such cases, we will take measures to ensure a suitable level of data protection, according to appropriate regulations.
7. Access, correction, cease of use, deletion of personal information
We acknowledge user's right to request us for access, correction, cease of use, and deletion of user's own personal information and when requested, we take prompt action without objection after the confirmation of the correctness of its request. Our web site user (who is registered from our web site) can change or correct the registration via our web site.
If you request the deletion, please request from here. When you delete the registration, you may not use some services.
Email : email@example.com
Any inquiry or opinion about the handling of personal information owned by us, please make contact to us (Information desk for personal information).
8. Organization and system
We appoint Supervisor and manage to protect personal information adequately.
We conduct our directors and employees with seminar to protect and to know correct handling of personal information so that we can treat information adequately.
9. Decision, action, maintenance and improvement of rules for personal information and compliance program
Chapter 2: Handling of Personal Information on Users Residing in the European Economic Area
Concerning the handling of information on users residing in the European Economic Area consisting of European Union member countries, as well as Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein, the following provisions of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) shall apply. Moreover, in the event that the provisions of Article 2 conflict with the provisions of Article 1, the provisions of Article 2 shall have priority.
Article 1 (Basis for Handling of Personal Information)
Within the limits of the usage purposes stipulated in Chapter 1 Article 4, we handle the users’ personal information on one or more of the following bases stipulated by the GDPR:
1. It is necessary for us to provide services and features requested by users, or it is required to fulfill or contractual obligations.
2. It is necessary to protect the vital interests of users or natural persons.
3. It is necessary to protect our legitimate interests.
4. It is necessary to protect the legitimate interests or public interests of third parties.
5. It is necessary to observe the legal obligations we need to submit to.
6. Users have agreed to the handling of their personal information.
Article 2 (Transfer Outside the EEA)
There are instances in which user information will be transferred outside the EEA and stored or handled in other countries (including Japan). By using our services, users agree that their personal information may be transferred to such locations. While the European Commission has not yet recognized Japan’s sufficiency as of May 25th, 2018, all personal information we obtain is managed with appropriate protection measures based on the GDPR.
Article 3 (Personal Information Retention Period)
Personal information which we handle is retained for a period required for the achievement of the usage purposes stipulated in Chapter 1 Article 4, as well as a period required to fulfill legal or other obligations.
Article 4 (User Rights)
Users have the following rights with regards to us. To exercise the applicable right, please refer to the point of contact mentioned in Article 1 Chapter 10.
2. The user has the right to access his or her personal information which is in our possession. Consequently, the user may request a copy of his or her own personal information which is in our possession.
3. The user has the right to request the correction or deletion of his or her personal information which is in our possession.
4. The user has the right to limit or file an objection on our handling of his or her personal information which is in our possession.
5. The user has the right to request that his or her personal information which is in our possession be structured and transferred to a third party in a format which can be read with generally used equipment.
Article 5 (Filing Complaints)
The user has the right to file a complaint on our handling of his or her personal data to the data protection authority governing the user’s place of residence (the National Data Protection Authorities).
Article 6 (Concerning Users Under The Age of 16)
Users under the age of 16 need to ask a legal guardian to agree on their usage of our services or receive the permission of a legal guardian regarding their agreement to use our services.
Article 7 (Automatic Handling)
At present, we do not use the user’s personal information via automatic handling without input from a human.
In the future, we may use automatic handling to determine users’ eligibility with regards to new services or other business opportunities. In such instances, we will strive to implement the appropriate safety measures within the limits of applicable laws or other obligations. Users may request a human to intervene, request to express an opinion, file a complaint on our decisions or request limitations on our usage of users’ personal information for the purposes of automatic decision-making.
CADENAS WEB2CAD Inc.
|Print | Close|